Enforcement contempt

Many people find themselves in situations where the other party is refusing to pay their Court-Ordered financial obligations. This can include failure to pay child support, alimony, attorney's fees, marital debt or an equalizing payment. There are solutions that can help you collect the money which is rightfully yours, and one of the attorneys at Compass Law can help identify which course of action will secure prompt, effective relief.

Past Due Child Support, Alimony or Attorney's Fees

Past due child support, alimony and attorney?s fees are considered "support obligations" and are therefore enforceable through a Motion for Contempt. If you are owed money falling under these three categories, you have the ability to ask the Court for not only enforcement, but also stronger sanctions, including incarceration, monetary sanctions, etc. if you can prove that the non-paying party has an ability to pay but simply refuses to do so.

Non-Payment of Marital Debt or Equalization Payment

Enforcing ordered payment on a marital debt or equalizing payment is not subject to what are considered "contempt powers" of the Court. When individuals need assistance from the Court to receive these forms of payment, a Motion for Enforcement can be filed and brought to before the Judge.

At Compass Law, we will thoroughly review the facts of your case to determine the most equitable and effective way to provide relief for non-payment of a Court-Ordered financial obligation.

Enforcement contempt


(407) 896-1166
1214 East Robinson Street, Orlando Florida 32801

back to website
back to website

Location & Directions

We are conveniently located in beautiful downtown Orlando. Just minutes from I-4 the 408 and the Orange County Courthouse.

Tel: (407) 896-1166
Fax: (407) 896-1133

Compass Law
1214 East Robinson Street
Orlando, Florida 32801
get directions

Our Beautiful Orlando Office